Devices without a browser such as gaming devices, streaming devices, smart TVs, etc. must be registered in order to get them on the network. You can register these types of devices from any computer, tablet, or smart phone that already has an active connection to the Stanford network.
- Locate the hardware address (also referred to as Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or MAC address) for the device you wish to register. Here are instructions on how to find it: https://stutech-help.stanford.edu/hc/en-us/articles/202843204-Finding-your-hardware-address
- On any computer, tablet, or smart phone that already has an active connection to the Stanford network, open a browser window and go to iprequest.stanford.edu and follow the prompts. (If you've already registered at least one device you can click the "Skip to my registrations" link). You'll reach a page that should list all of your registered devices.
- Click "New Registration" and agree to the network policy (you should probably read the network policy every now and then, so you know what you're agreeing to).
- When the registration tool asks "Is this computer (the one at which you are currently staring) the computer that you wish to register?", select "NO".
- Enter details about the device you are attempting to register. If your device isn't listed, select "other" and enter your device details manually.
- Find and enter your device's MAC/hardware address.
- After you've entered the MAC address, you can follow the prompts to complete registration normally.